Hi, I'm Joseph :)
Born and raised in Southern California, I clearly love the sunshine. You'd be hard-pressed to find me in a bad mood.
My awe of the iPhone drove me to pursue the study of Computer Science, particularly mobile and edge computing, which naturally landed me at NESL. Nowadays I concern myself with building high-quality distributed systems under the guidance of the awesome Prof. Srivastava. Whenever I'm not working, I'm probably climbing rocks, doing some yoga, playing tennis, reading, eating, or laughing.
I always enjoy an interesting conversation over a good cup of coffee -- feel free to reach out!
B.S. in Computer Science & Engineering, UCLA, 2013.
M.S. in Computer Science, UCLA, 2015.
Thesis: Sampling on Data Streams
Ph.D. in Computer Science, UCLA, 2021.
(done at NESL)
NVIDIA Internship: GPU Architect, 2014
Mobile/Edge Computing, Distributed Sensing, Distributed Systems
- I Always Feel Like Somebody's Sensing Me! A Framework to Detect, Identify, and Localize Clandestine Wireless Sensors
Akash Deep Singh, Luis A. Garcia, Joseph Noor, and Mani B. Srivastava.
Usenix Security 2021, April 2021. [ Details ]
- How Can I Explain This to You? An Empirical Study of Deep Neural Network Explanation Methods
J.Vikranth Jeyakumar, Joseph Noor, Luis A. Garcia, and Mani B. Srivastava.
NeurIPS , December 2020. [ Details ]
- The Case for Robust Adaptation: Autonomic Resource Management is a Vulnerability
Joseph Noor, Ahmed Ali-Eldin, Luis A. Garcia, Chirag Rao, Venkat R. Dasari, Deepak Ganesan, Brian Jalaian, Prashant Shenoy, and Mani B. Srivastava.
Military Communications for the 21st Century, November 2019. [ Details ]
- Exploiting Smartphone Peripherals for Precise Time Synchronization
Sandeep Singh Sandha, Joseph Noor, Fatima M. Anwar, and Mani B. Srivastava.
International Symposium on Precision Clock Synchronization for Measurement, Control, and Communication, September 2019. [ Details ]
- DDFlow: Visualized Declarative Programming for Heterogeneous IoT Networks
Joseph Noor, Hsiao-Yun Tseng, Luis A. Garcia, and Mani B. Srivastava.
ACM International Conference on Internet of Things Design and Implementation, April 2019. [ Details ]
- Demo: DDFlow Visualized Declarative Programming over Heliot Testbed Platform
Joseph Noor, Sandeep Singh Sandha, Luis A. Garcia, and Mani B. Srivastava.
4th ACM/IEEE Conference on Internet of Things Design and Implementation, April 2019. [ Details ]
- Hossain, Syed Monowar, Timothy Hnat, Nazir Saleheen, Nusrat Jahan Nasrin, Joseph Noor, Bo-Jhang Ho, Tyson Condie, Mani Srivastava, and Santosh Kumar. "mCerebrum: A Mobile Sensing Software Platform for Development and Validation of Digital Biomarkers and Interventions." In ACM SenSys, vol. 14. 2017.
- Interlandi, Matteo, Sai Deep Tetali, Muhammad Ali Gulzar, Joseph Noor, Tyson Condie, Miryung Kim, and Todd Millstein. "Optimizing interactive development of data-intensive applications." In Proceedings of the Seventh ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing, pp. 510-522. ACM, 2016.
- Chun, Byung-Gon, Tyson Condie, Yingda Chen, Brian Cho, Andrew Chung, Carlo Curino, Chris Douglas et al. "Apache REEF: Retainable Evaluator Execution Framework." ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS) 35, no. 2 (2017): 5.
Winner: Computer Science Innovation Fund Pitch Day, May 2017