1762 Boelter Hall
UCLA Main Campus
420 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
ATTN: 56-125KK, EEIV
C/O: Fe Asuncion
Biography: I am a PhD student in Computer Science Department at UCLA. I am affiliated with Networked and Embedded Systems Lab (NESL) where I work under the supervision of Prof. Mani Srivastava. I received my M.S. degree in Computer Science and Informaion Engineering from National Taiwan University, where I had actively been working in Communications and Multimedia Laboratory directed by Professor Jia-Lin Wu, IEEE fellow. During that time, I was focusing on research areas of Multimedia System, Video Content Analysis, and Digital Signal Processing. I received my B.S. degree in Computer Science from National Chiao Tung University, where I was working in areas of Mobile Networks and Voice over IP (VoIP); I was co-advised by Professor Meng-Hsun Tsai and Professor Yi-Bin Lin, IEEE fellow.
Experience: Before I joined NESL, I was a protocol software engineer Mediatek Inc., the 2nd largest mobile phone chip maker. Prior to Mediatek, I was a firmware engineer in IBM Taiwan System and Technology Laboratory (which is acquired by Lenovo in 2014). In summer 2016, I worked as a Technical Intern in Synopsys, the leading in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP company. I developed low-level APIs using C/C++ in Linux environment to read device memory and estimate power consumption of programs/instructions; this feature will be included in the next release of their EDA tool.
• TPC Member, International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks (I-SPAN), 2017
• Participant, NDN Community Meeting (NDNcomm), 2017
• Reviewer, International Computer Symposium (ICS), 2016
Research Interests: I love building systems and solving problems regarding computer networks, software systems, and various applications on mobile devices, including topics on context-aware systems, cloud computing and privacy, machine learning, wireless networks, and Named Data Networking (NDN).
• Hsiao-Yun Tseng, Yun-Chung Shen, and Ja-Ling Wu. "Distributed video coding with compressive measurements." Proceedings of the 19th ACM international conference on Multimedia. ACM, 2011.
• Yu-Ting Chen, Yi-Ting Cheng, Pei-Shiuan Ho, Hsiao-Yun Tseng. "Method of selecting an active SIM from multiple SIMs and a wireless device utilizing the same." U.S. Patent Application 14/183,652.
• NDN Community Meeting (NDNcomm 2017) travel grant
• Third Place in Network Communication Software and Creative Applications Contest, held by Taiwan Ministry of Education
• Presidential Award (ranked top 3 in class), 3 times, Department of CS, National Chiao-Tung University
• Proficient in C/C++ on Linux/Android; familiar with Java/Perl/.NET/Matlab/SQL/HTML
• 3+ years of experience in LTE protocol software development using C/C++ in embedded Linux
• 1+ year of experience in firmware development using C/C++ in Linux environment
• 1+ year of experience in website/database development using PHP, HTML, MySQL, etc.