1762 Boelter Hall
UCLA Main Campus
420 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
ATTN: 56-125KK, EEIV
C/O: Fe Asuncion
Yasser Shoukry received his M.Sc. and the B.Sc. degrees (with distinction and honors) in Computer and Systems Engineering from Faculty
OF Engineering, Ain Shams University in 2007 and 2010, respectively.
He is currently a Ph.D. student in Department of Electrical Engineering in UCLA.
Before joining UCLA, Yasser has been a research and teaching assistant at Ain Shams University,
Computer and Systems department.
Yasser also has a four year of industrial experience working in the domain of automotive
embedded software development and model-driven architecture at Mentor Graphics Egypt (MGE),
Cairo, Egypt from 2007 to 2011.
His main research interests lie in the area of designing, analyzing
and implementing control algorithms for real-time
cyber-physical systems with specific emphasis on automotive and
He is the recipient of the Chancellors prize,
Graduate Division Fellowship, and the Preliminary Exam Fellowship, all
from UCLA in 2011 and 2012.
For more information about my research and publications, please visit my personal webpage.
B.Sc. in Computer and Systems Engineering, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 2007.
M.Sc. in Computer and Systems Engineering, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 2010.
Thesis: Model Predictive Control (MPC) on Chip
(done at NESL)
Ph.D. Student in Electrical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 2015.
(done at NESL)
Mentor Graphics Egypt
Embedded Software Developer and Tester. (2007-2011)
Ain Shams University
Graduate Teaching Assistant. (2008-2011)
- Security in cyber-physical systems.
- State estimation and Kalman Filtering.
- Optimization and Game Theory.
- Embedded Systems.
- Rebuttal to "Sampling Race: Bypassing Timing-based Analog Active Sensor Spoofing Detection on Analog-digital Systems"
July 2016. [ Details ]
- Bio-Inspired Underwater Electrolocation through Adaptive System Identification
Newton Truong, Yasser Shoukry, and Mani B. Srivastava.
American Control Conference (ACC) 2015, July 2015. [ Details ]
- Social Spring: Encounter-based Path Refinement for Indoor Tracking Systems
Paul D. Martin, Yasser Shoukry, Prashanth Swaminathan, Wentao Ouyang, and Mani B. Srivastava.
Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Conference on Embedded Systems for Energy-Efficient Buildings (BuildSys 2014), November 2014. [ Details ]
- ipShield: A Framework for Enforcing Context-Aware Privacy
Supriyo Chakraborty, Chenguang Shen, Kasturi Rangan Raghavan, Yasser Shoukry, Matt Miller, and Mani B. Srivastava.
USENIX NSDI 2014, April 2014. [ Details ]
- Non-invasive Spoofing Attacks for Anti-lock Braking Systems
Yasser Shoukry, Paul D. Martin, Paulo Tabuada, and Mani B. Srivastava.
Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems 2013, August 2013. [ Details ]
- Minimax Control For Cyber-Physical Systems under Network Packet Scheduling Attacks
Yasser Shoukry, Jose Araujo, Paulo Tabuada, Mani B. Srivastava, and Karl H Johansson.
2nd Conference on High Confidence Networked Systems (HiCoNS) at CPS Week 2013, April 2013. [ Details ]
- "Travel Grant Award", April 2013. From the HiCoNS 2013 conference committee.
- "Side-Channel Analysis Workshop" Tuition Scholarship, April 2012.From Cryptography Research Inc to attend a one-day workshop in the field of side-channel attacks and analysis.
- Preliminary Exam Fellowship, February 2012.
For ranking top on UCLA Preliminary Exam in Signals and Systems area.
- Chancellor Prize Fellowship, Summer 2011, 2012.
One of the most prestigious fellowships awarded by UCLA. It is offered to newly admitted graduate students in recognition of their qualifications.
- Graduate Division Fellowship, Academic year 2011-2012.
From Electrical Engineering Department, UCLA.
- Young Author Support, August 2011. From IFAC World Congress conference in Milano, Italy.
- Distinction Award, Graduation with Honors, September 2007
Computer and Systems Engineering, Ain Shams University.
- Egyptian Government Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Studies, 2002-2007 Five years in a row, Ain Shams University.
- Engineering Innovation Award, December 2006.
For acquiring 2nd place in the Engineering Innovation contest, held by Ain Shams University.