1762 Boelter Hall
UCLA Main Campus
420 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
ATTN: 56-125KK, EEIV
C/O: Fe Asuncion
B.S. in Computer Science, Yonsei University, South Korea, 2007.
M.S. in Computer Science, Yonsei University, South Korea, 2009.
Thesis: Application-Specific Platform Builder for Deeply Embedded Operating Systems
(done at NESL)
• University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Graduate Student Researcher, Networked Embedded Systems Lab. (09/2009 – Present)
• Qualcomm, San Diego, CA
Research Intern, Corporate Research & Development (06–09/2012, 06-09/2013)
• IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY
Research Intern, IT & Wireless Convergence Department (01-04/2012)
• Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Graduate Student Researcher, Mobile Embedded Systems Lab. (09/2007 - 08/2009)
Undergraduate Student Researcher, Mobile Embedded Systems Lab. (06-12/2005, 01-08/2007)
• Korea Electronics Technology Institute, Seoul, Korea
Research Intern, Intelligent IT System Research Center (03/2007 - 08/2008)
• University of California, Davis, CA
Student Software Programmer, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering (06–09/2006)
• Samsung Electronics, Seoul, Korea
Intern, Robotic and Embedded Systems Lab., Samsung Software Membership Program (07-12/2005, 01/2007 - 08/2009)
Networked Embedded Systems, Sensor Data Privacy, Operating Systems, Database Systems, Machine Learning
- Towards a Rich Sensing Stack for IoT Devices
Chenguang Shen, Haksoo Choi, Supriyo Chakraborty, and Mani B. Srivastava.
IEEE/ACM 2014 International Conference on Computer-Aided Design, Special Session on CAD for the Internet of Things, November 2014. [ Details ]
- Efficient Context Inferences and Privacy-Aware Sharing of Sensory Information from Mobile Platforms
Haksoo Choi, Wentao Ouyang, Mani B. Srivastava, Mahbubur Rahman, and Santosh Kumar.
April 2014. [ Details ]
- Exploiting Processor Heterogeneity For Energy Efficient Context Inference On Mobile Phones
Chenguang Shen, Supriyo Chakraborty, Kasturi Rangan Raghavan, Haksoo Choi, and Mani B. Srivastava.
5th Workshop on Power-Aware Computing and Systems (HotPower'13), November 2013. [ Details ]
- ￼Middleware for Pervasive Sensing and Actuation
Haksoo Choi, Pandarasamy Arjunan, Mani B. Srivastava, Amarjeet Singh, Supriyo Chakraborty, Chenguang Shen, and Mahbubur Rahman.
UCLA Engineering Tech Forum, 2013, May 2013. [ Details ]
- SensorAct: Design and Implementation of Fine-grained Sensing and Control Sharing in Buildings
Pandarasamy Arjunan, Manaswi Saha, Manoj Gulati, Haksoo Choi, Nipun Batra, Amarjeet Singh, Mani B. Srivastava, and Pushpendra Singh.
10th Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, April 2013. [ Details ]
- SensorAct: A Privacy and Security Aware Federated Middleware for Building Management
Pandarasamy Arjunan, Nipun Batra, Haksoo Choi, Amarjeet Singh, and Mani B. Srivastava.
The 4th ACM Workshop On Embedded Systems For Energy-Efficiency In Buildings, November 2012. [ Details ]
- Content Dissemination Protocols in Hybrid Wireless Networks
Haksoo Choi, Raghu Ganti, Mudhakar Srivatsa, and Ramya Raghavendra.
Annual Conference of ITA, September 2012. [ Details ]
- Design and Evaluation of SensorSafe: a Framework for Achieving Behavioral Privacy in Sharing Personal Sensory Information
Haksoo Choi, Supriyo Chakraborty, and Mani B. Srivastava.
The 2nd IEEE International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Internet of Things, June 2012. [ Details ]
- Balancing Behavioral Privacy and Information Utility in Sensory Data Flows
Supriyo Chakraborty, Zainul M. Charbiwala, Haksoo Choi, Kasturi Rangan Raghavan, and Mani B. Srivastava.
Pervasive and Mobile Computing, June 2012. [ Details ]
- SensorSafe: Framework for Sharing Personal Sensory Information with Privacy
October 2011. [ Details ]
• Fellowship, Kwangjeong Educational Foundation, Korea, 2009 - Present
• Scholarship, Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies, 2009
• Best Paper Award at IEEE HPCC 2009