B.E. in Computer Engineering, National Institute of Technology Karnataka (formerly Karnataka Regional Engg. College), 1999.
M.E. in Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, 2001.
PhD in Electrical Engg. (Embedded Computing Systems), UCLA, 2005.
Thesis: Controlled Mobility for Efficient Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks
(done at NESL)
Cisco Systems India Private Limited, Software Engineer, March-July 2001
Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Internship, Summer 1998
Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Internship, Jan 1998
Mobility in Sensor Networks
- Controllably Mobile Infrastructure for Low Energy Embedded Networks
Arun A. Somasundara, Aman Kansal, David Jea, Deborah Estrin, and Mani B. Srivastava.
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), August 2006. [ Details ]
- Coordinated Static and Mobile Sensing for Environmental Monitoring
Richard Pon, Maxim Batalin, Victor Chen, Aman Kansal, Duo Liu, Mohammad Rahimi, Lisa Shirachi, Arun A. Somasundara, Yan Yu, Mark Hansen, William J. Kaiser, Mani B. Srivastava, Gaurav Sukhatme, and Deborah Estrin.
Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS 2005), June 2005. [ Details ]
- Multiple Controlled Mobile Elements (Data Mules) for Data Collection in Sensor Networks
David Jea, Arun A. Somasundara, and Mani B. Srivastava.
2005 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS '05), June 2005. [ Details ]
- Routing in Wireless Ad hoc Networks: Wireless & Mechanical Data Transfer
Arun A. Somasundara, Mani B. Srivastava, and William J. Kaiser.
SUBMITTED to Workshop on delay tolerant networking and related networks (WDTN-05), April 2005. [ Details ]
- Mobile Element Scheduling for Efficient Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks with Dynamic Deadlines
Arun A. Somasundara, Aditya Ramamoorthy, and Mani B. Srivastava.
IEEE Real Time Systems Symposium (RTSS), December 2004. [ Details ]
- Intelligent Fluid Infrastructure for Embedded Networks
Aman Kansal, Arun A. Somasundara, David Jea, Mani B. Srivastava, and Deborah Estrin.
The Second International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys), June 2004. [ Details ]
- Fluid Infrastructure for Sensor Networks
Arun A. Somasundara, Aman Kansal, David Jea, and Mani B. Srivastava.
CS213 Class Lecture, February 2004. [ Details ]