Welcome to the Networked & Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL) at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Our lab is a part of the Electrical Engineering Department, and the Computer Science Department. NESL is physically located in 1762 Boelter Hall on UCLA's main campus in Westwood, Los Angeles. We are engaged in research on architecture, design, and tools for networked and embedded computing and communication systems. Our current interests include wireless sensor and actuator networks, low-power and power aware computing and networking, mobile and wireless computing, and pervasive computing.
Feel free to explore this web site, and in case of any questions about NESL, please contact Prof. Mani Srivastava.
• New award on "Internet of Things” for the battlefield (2017-10-10) [Details]
• NESL gets NSF award on Privacy-Aware Trustworthy Control for IoT (2017-09-01) [Details]
• NESL researchers get the Best Demo Paper award at the 2017 IPSN/CPSWeek (2017-04-19) [Details]
• Amr Alanwar, Bharathan Balaji, Yuan Tian, SHUO YANG, and Mani B. Srivastava. "EchoSafe: Sonar-based Verifiable Interaction with Intelligent Digital Agents", SafeThings 2017 - ACM Workshop on the Internet of Safe Thing, November 2017. [ Details ]
• Moustafa Alzantot. "Adversarial Attacks on Machine Learning Models", DAIS ITA Annual Fall Meeting 2017 - Deep Learning Workshop, October 2017. [ Details ]
• Amr Alanwar, Fatima M. Anwar, Yi-Fan Zhang, Justin Pearson, Joao Hespanha, and Mani B. Srivastava. "Cyclops: PRU Programming Framework for Precise Timing Applications", 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Precision Clock Synchronization for Measurement, Control, and Communication (ISPCS), August 2017. [ Details ]
• Amr Alanwar, Henrique Ferraz, Kevin Hsieh, Rohit Thazhath, Paul D. Martin, Joao Hespanha, and Mani B. Srivastava. "D-SLATS: Distributed Simultaneous Localization and Time Synchronization", MobiHoc'17 Proceedings of the 18th ACM international symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc networking and computing, July 2017. [ Details ]