Welcome to the Networked & Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL) at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Our lab is a part of the Electrical Engineering Department, and the Computer Science Department. NESL is physically located in 1762 Boelter Hall on UCLA's main campus in Westwood, Los Angeles. We are engaged in research on architecture, design, and tools for networked and embedded computing and communication systems. Our current interests include wireless sensor and actuator networks, low-power and power aware computing and networking, mobile and wireless computing, and pervasive computing.
Feel free to explore this web site, and in case of any questions about NESL, please contact Prof. Mani Srivastava.
• Welcome summer interns! (2014-06-19) [Details]
• Congratulations to Lucas and Supriyo on successful Ph.D. Defense (2014-03-06) [Details]
• NESL's Work on Underwater Biomimetic Electric Sensing in the News (2013-04-02) [Details]
• Bo-Jhang Ho, Paul D. Martin, Prashanth Swaminathan, and Mani B. Srivastava. "From Pressure to Path: Barometer-based Vehicle Tracking", BuildSys '15 Proceedings of the 2nd ACM International Conference on Embedded Systems for Energy-Efficient Built Environments, November 2015. [ Details ]
• Takamasa Higuchi, Paul D. Martin, Supriyo Chakraborty, and Mani B. Srivastava. "AnonyCast: privacy-preserving location distribution for anonymous crowd tracking systems", September 2015. [ Details ]
• Salma H. Elmalaki, Lucas F. Wanner, and Mani B. Srivastava. "CAreDroid: Adaptation Framework for Android Context-Aware Applications", Proceedings of the 21st Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom'15), September 2015. [ Details ]
• Newton Truong, Yasser Shoukry, and Mani B. Srivastava. "Bio-Inspired Underwater Electrolocation through Adaptive System Identification", American Control Conference (ACC) 2015, July 2015. [ Details ]