Welcome to the Networked & Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL) at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Our lab is a part of the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department, and the Computer Science Department. NESL is physically located in 1762 Boelter Hall on UCLA's campus in Westwood, Los Angeles. Our research is in the broad area of embedded and cyber-physical systems for applications in IoT, ubiquitous and mobile computing, and pervasive sensing and control. Our interests are in problems related to making these systems learning-enabled, secure, privacy-aware, human-coupled, wirelessly-networked, and energy-efficient. We take a full-stack approach in our research, working across all layers of systems including algorithms, applications, software, and hardware.
Feel free to explore this web site, and in case of any questions about NESL, please contact Prof. Mani Srivastava. To get a good sense of our current research activity, please look at Prof. Mani Srivastava's publication list on Google Scholar.
NESL is also a part of several exciting center-scale multi-institutional collaborations, whose websites provide further details and the broader context of our research.
• Vikranth Jeyakumar (SenseHAR) won best poster award at the second annual review of CONIX (2019-10-17) [Details]
• Catch us at CMU on October 16 and 17, 2019 (2019-10-04) [Details]
• Fatima M. Anwar appointed as Assistant Professor at UMass Amherst (2019-09-04) [Details]
• Joseph Noor, Ahmed Ali-Eldin, Luis A. Garcia, Chirag Rao, Venkat R. Dasari, Deepak Ganesan, Brian Jalaian, Prashant Shenoy, and Mani B. Srivastava. "The Case for Robust Adaptation: Autonomic Resource Management is a Vulnerability", Military Communications for the 21st Century, November 2019. [ Details ]
• Akash Deep Singh, Sandeep Singh Sandha, Luis A. Garcia, and Mani B. Srivastava. "RadHAR: Human Activity Recognition from Point Clouds Generated through a Millimeter-wave Radar", 3rd ACM Workshop on Millimeter-wave Networks and Sensing Systems (co-located with MobiCom), October 2019. [ Details ]
• Tianwei Xing, Marc Roig Vilamala, Luis A. Garcia, Federico Cerutti, Lance Kaplan, Alun Preece, and Mani B. Srivastava. " DeepCEP: Deep Complex Event Processing Using Distributed Multimodal Information", IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP), pp. 87-92. IEEE, 2019., October 2019. [ Details ]
• Renju Liu, Ziqi Wang, Luis A. Garcia, and Mani B. Srivastava. "RemedIoT: Remedial Actions for Internet-of-Things Conflicts", BuildSys 2019, October 2019. [ Details ]