Welcome to the Networked & Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL) at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Our lab is a part of the Electrical Engineering Department, and the Computer Science Department. NESL is physically located in 1762 Boelter Hall on UCLA's main campus in Westwood, Los Angeles. We are engaged in research on architecture, design, and tools for networked and embedded computing and communication systems. Our current interests include wireless sensor and actuator networks, low-power and power aware computing and networking, mobile and wireless computing, and pervasive computing.
Feel free to explore this web site, and in case of any questions about NESL, please contact Prof. Mani Srivastava.
• NESL researchers get the Best Demo Paper award at the 2017 IPSN/CPSWeek (2017-04-19) [Details]
• Welcome summer interns! (2014-06-19) [Details]
• Congratulations to Lucas and Supriyo on successful Ph.D. Defense (2014-03-06) [Details]
• Bo-Jhang Ho, Renju Liu, Hsiao-Yun Tseng, and Mani B. Srivastava. " MyoBuddy: Detecting Barbell Weight Using Electromyogram Sensors", 1st Workshop on Digital Biomarkers 2017, June 2017. [ Details ]
• Jeng-Hau Lin, Tianwei Xing, Ritchie Zhao, Mani B. Srivastava, Zhiru Zhang, Rajesh K. Gupta, and Zhuowen Tu. "Binarized Neural Networks with Separable Filters", Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), May 2017. [ Details ]
• Supriyo Chakraborty, Daniel Harborne, Moustafa Alzantot, Ramya Raghavendra, Mani B. Srivastava, Federico Cerutti, Dave Braines, Troy Kelley, Dave Braines, Alun Preece, Murat Sensoy, and Prudhvi Gurram. "Interpretability of Deep Learning Models: A Survey of Results", May 2017. [ Details ]
• Alistair Nottle, Santiago Quintana-Amate, Daniel Harborne, Moustafa Alzantot, Dave Braines, Lance Kaplan, Mani B. Srivastava, Supriyo Chakraborty, and Alun Preece. "Distributed Opportunistic Sensing and Fusion for Traffic Congestion Detection", May 2017. [ Details ]